TOTAL RELAXATION WHILE DETOXIFYING THE ENTIRE BODY
Skinny Me’s infrared sauna is similar to a traditional sauna, but it uses infrared light to heat you directly instead of heating the air. The result is a much more comfortable experience. Saunas help rid the body of toxins while cleansing the skin with the excess sweating, they increase circulation to facilitate better recovery, heat stress causes your body to release heat shock proteins to promote muscle growth, and using a sauna can increase your body’s time to fatigue, meaning you’ll develop more endurance. Plus the heat stress causes your bodies to release the same chemical that causes ‘the runner’s high’. Saunas are an easy way to boost performance while relaxing.
Skinny Me’s Sauna also comes equipped with a chromotherapy light. Chromotherapy is used in hospitals to help manage depression that comes from seasonal affective disorder, but our light also cycles through different colors to produce different effects. We can increase circulation and sweating, or set it to more calming colors. Our infrared sauna sessions only take 20-30 minutes to feel completely rejuvenated.
BENEFITS OF SKINNY ME’S INFRARED SAUNA
- Weight Loss/Metabolism Boost: Infrared saunas have the ability to burn 400 to 600 calories in just 30 minutes. By replicating the increased heart rate and metabolic rate experienced while exercising, your body works to cool itself and thus burns calories. Increased sweat production will increase metabolism and burn calories.*
- Skin Rejuvenation: Infrared Sauna technology offers an effective way to heal the epidermis and dermis layer of your skin. It cleanses your pores and helps you achieve clearer and healthier looking skin.*
- Detoxification: Sweating is the body’s natural process of expelling unwanted elements. The sweating induced by infrared saunas are said to be more effective that traditional saunas as, apart from water, you sweat fat-soluble toxins, toxic heavy metals, sulfuric acid, sodium and ammonia. The sauna aims to raise your core temperature by a few degrees. This heating of your core pushes toxins and environmental chemicals out of your body effectively.*
- Pain Relief: Infrared Sauna technology helps those suffering from sprains and muscle spasms. The penetrative heat improves oxygen flow and brings relief and healing to muscle and soft tissue injuries.*
- Improvement of Circulation: The heat produced by this sauna penetrates deep into the skin and stimulates blood circulation and allows us to achieve the benefits of a cardiovascular workout. Multiple sauna sessions can even decrease inflammation resulting from intense exercising. The heat also promotes cell regeneration and tissue growth. This cell growth aids in preventing infections and repairing injuries.*
- Relaxation: Stress is more harmful than we realize. It reduces the effectiveness of our immune system and leads to high blood pressure. The heat produced by saunas are found to relieve tension in the body and help you deal with this stress. They are also found to stimulate endorphins in the brain and produce feel good hormones. It increases serotonin, which is a powerful hormone associated with relaxation and sleep. Following a sauna, people show more brain waves related to deeper, more restful sleep.*